PDF is an abbreviation that represents Portable Document Format.
PDF is simply a file format that can be used to present documents in a way that is compatible with a wide range of operating systems, hardware, and software.
A basic requirement for all PDF files is the sustainment of the full description of a fixed layout document. This usually includes fonts, text, graphics, or other required information.
The file format was introduced by Randy Adams in the early 1990s and he developed it as a means of sharing documents that includes online images and text formatting, among a large network of computer users spread across different platforms.
It was made by Adobe Systems in 1993 for free and it’s major competition then was DiVu, and occasionally, Envoy.
Nowadays, its competitors have become obsolete but PDF file format is still increasing in popularity.
Converting PDF to Word for free
There are a lot of free websites that can be used to convert files into PDF format. All you have to do is log on to the internet and search for any free Word to PDF converter.
- Google search for any PDF converting website. The search result will come up with a lot of hits and you can proceed to select a suitable one.
- Visit ant suitable website that offers conversion services.
- These websites usually have the same simple interface.
- Under the PDF file and then proceed to choose the format you want to convert into.
- After choosing the preferred format, select ‘Start Converting’
- Once the process is completed, you can them proceed to save the finished file.
- The majority of these free sites only offer basic features.
- A lot of them do not save files automatically. Therefore, you will be required to save them manually.
- A lot of the free websites only offer a limited trial period. After a few tries, you will be required to pay to continue.
Advanced Converting Methods
Other then the free websites available, there are some more advanced options you can explore. If you want to access some fancy features, you will have to opt for advanced methods of conversion.
Some of these sites do not allow you to directly convert PDF files into Word documents but they can allow you to do basic editing on the PDF file.
- There are various techniques for editing PDF files. Some of these techniques allow you to edit some basic content like images and text. Some techniques also allow you to insert or split new pages into PDF documents.
- You have the freedom to add comments to these files and also to edit these comments. Also, you can edit the arrangement of the pages.
- You have the freedom to organize the layout of the PDF pages according to some of your preset requirements.
- You can also increase and enrich the quality of the file simply by altering the background.
- You have the freedom to add watermarks.
- You also gain access to a variety of security options. You can set a password for opening your PDF files.
- The free features included in these websites are usually basic. You will need to buy the advanced version if you want to have full access to all the features.